Friday, September 3, 2010

Disappointed I Can't Work Everything In


Missing another acting workshop. Last time it was Geoffrey Soffer, casting director for Ugly Betty, The Beautiful Life and a whole long list of TV and theatre hits. This time Studio 333 in Baltimore is bringing in Kathleen Randazzo, acting coach and drama teacher at Sanford Meisner’s Playhouse West in Studio City, California. As it happens, I’m reading Sanford Meisner on Acting by Meisner and Dennis Longwell. It would have been good to see his technique in practice, but I’m booked the whole weekend. Disappointed I can’t work everything in.
I signed up for the next Stonehenge Audition coming up the end of this month in Baltimore. I want to finally do my monologue from the 1958 film The Black Orchid - a part that was written for Anna Magnani (above left), but went to Sophia Loren (such is the movie biz.) It will be interesting to see what I can do with it. Hoping to get out to the Studio 333 Actor’s Group to run through it and get some feedback, even if I don’t get an audition lottery slot. The monologue I did in June was cool and controlled. This one is more ethnic and emotional.
Getting up early tomorrow to take the train to Philadelphia and record “The Voice” for Anthony Fletcher’s film Deadline. Sunday my husband and I drive down to Richmond to do some background research for a novel he's writing (one with a dynamite title and wonderful, quirky plot). Monday brunch with our son and his wife and a drive over to Herrington Harbor. I want to get a feel for the place before filming begins on the 13th. The weather forecast – so far – is indeed for “clear and sunny skies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!