Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Dashing off to the office.  Gloomy and drippy out.  Fall is here at last.  (Break out the sweaters! Yes!)

My Stonehenge audition on Sunday went okay I think.  I cut a line to relieve some of the time pressure and went with the dressier outfit.  Took Ken Arnold's advice and directed my monologue just to the left of the camera.  It helped that it was a little lighter in the studio this time.  At the June audition the room was so dark all I could see was the light in my face.  I could only guess where the camera was.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it turned out in 6 weeks when it's posted to the Internet.  Also hoping they will let me have the high res footage to keep.  The organizers typically discard it, but last time I got lucky - they still had it and emailed it to me.

This is my second and last Stonehenge.  The organizers had a great idea in putting it together and it's a wonderful opportunity to connect with a lot of promising young filmmakers and build a demo DVD, but my plan is to move on to bigger union productions in the spring, which means taking my show on the road so to speak.  That's going to be a challenge.

For now, still working on clips for my demo.  Submitting for a taped book promo today.  A couple of auditions coming up.  Waiting for more details on the short film I'm doing the end of October.

Saw Michael Caine in The Statement over the weekend, one of his lesser known films.  What a terrific performance!  He created a very complex character in what could have been a more one-dimensional villain.  Noted some of the mannerisms he used in his more recent Harry Brown, which I also liked, although I thought Emily Mortimer was miscast.  Also reading Caine's autobiography, What's It All About?  (Very funny!) He says early on in the book that he developed a belief in God from all the many times when good fortune appeared out of nowhere.  I have experienced that too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kay
    Bigger Productions ! Never a badthing :) Im hoping to be in that same ballpark round June of next year :) Hows Mandy any luck ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a film possibility in New York. Took awhile to set up my resume and headshot on Mandy.com, but I think I finally figured it out. The big push comes after the first of the year so I'm working on audio and video demos and planning on updating my headshot in November. After we're past the holidays I'll be sending promo packages out to selected casting agencies and then we'll see where we go from there. I'm open to good fortune intervening before then of course.

    ReplyDelete

I will get back to you shortly!