Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Monologue Needs a Lot of Work

Spent the morning with actor Ken Arnold at Studio 333 in Baltimore, going over my monologue for the next Stonehenge Audition.  Ken is a great guy and, as it turned out, I had his undivided attention as the rest of those expected to show up bailed at the last minute to attend an open casting call.

The monologue needs a lot of work.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's really right for me, whether it's too far out of my comfort zone to pull off successfully.  Certainly the Italian accent wasn't as good as I'd hoped.  Maybe I have Anna Magnani/Sophia Loren so much in my head that I'm unable to work through Kathryn Browning.  That's the down side of doing a monologue from film.  You actually see somebody do it first.

Wrapped on Clear and Sunny Skies early in the week.  Shooting had a bumpy start and a few miscues, but eventually came together and I really liked the footage I was seeing.  All of the interior scenes were shot in a charming, cottage-style restaurant in North Beach, Maryland, called Bilvil.  The owner and chef gave us use of the place for the day and even made lunch for the cast and crew (fabulous food!)  North Beach is right on the Chesapeake Bay and town officials have offered to host the CASS premiere in November, which would give me the opportunity to introduce my husband to a  lovely little town and a great restaurant.  It's also being shown to financial backers on November 6th in Arlington, Virginia, and I have it on my calendar to attend.

Once I get past Stonehenge I'll be focusing on playing Justice Rider in Richard Volin's new thriller Commitment, which is now in pre-production and begins shooting in October.  Very intriguing script with a twist.  Looking forward to getting started on it.

For now I'm just bushed.  Too many long days beginning at 5 a.m.  Too many hours on the highway.  Turmoil at the office.  Husband not feeling well.  Nice talking to Ken though.  He was just in a film with Alfred Molina and auditioned for a part in Tom Selleck's new television series.  Two of my favorite actors. I am green with envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!