Saturday, April 6, 2013

At the DC Web Fest

I'm watching Casablanca again while I decompress.  Met this afternoon with the cast of CapSouth, Rob Raffety's comedy web series that will start filming in June.  Raffety and I then pushed on to the DC Web Fest at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.  Ran into so many friends.  The event was co-hosted by Otessa Ghadar of 20/20 Productions and stand-up comedian Dan Levy. Anthony Greene and Tamieka Chavis were there (I worked with them both on Greene's Clear and Sunny Skies), along with Richard Volin,
Comedian Dan Levy and Otessa Ghadar
who directed me in Commitment. I'd appeared in early episodes of two of the series shown - Thurston and Ghadar's Orange Juice in Bishop's Garden - and seen an early edit of Richard Cutting's Milgram and the Fastwalkers, which now looks extremely good. This is a very close community.  Afterwards Rob Raffety and I stopped for a drink at the Twisted Vines wine bar and talked more about his new series. Raffety is a clever comedy writer. We're all very excited that the series if finally getting off the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!