Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Saw Helen Mirren in a film called Greenfingers this evening (with Clive Owen who I adore.) It was a nice little film, obviously low budget, but it underscores something I love about British actors. They move from big pictures to small pictures and back again, and they don't scale back their performance just because a film isn't considered "important" and likely to win awards. They respect their craft and they never phone it in. Mirren was perfect in the supporting role of the famed horticulturalist. Really wonderful.

Got an email this afternoon about doing another film where only my voice is heard. It's a quirky script (I won't give away the plot) and I'm one of several actresses they're looking at for the role. (Note to self: put more of your VO samples on your website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!