Thursday, July 1, 2010

Got the voiced role in the Philadelphia film so the three-hour drive (each way) wasn't wasted. Here's the challenge: I play a kidnapper and viewers will only hear my voice over the telephone. I need to create a character without the use of visuals - gestures, expressions, reactions. Plus - since the plot has a very interesting twist - there has to be some ambiguity in my voice or the director can't pull it off. Wow! This is going to be terrific!

Meanwhile a film I appeared in this spring - A Beautiful Love - is premiering in two weeks in Kensington, Maryland, and the poster is...well...posted. I will glam-up and show up. It was shot in 16 mm and the film quality is absolutely gorgeous. I was thrilled to be a part of it.

Still looking for another on-camera role. On leave next week from my day job, so I'm dropping by Central Casting and getting some marketing done. The most promising thing is that I'm finally feeling relaxed in front of the camera, which means I can concentrate on my character in relation to my scene partner, the environment in which the scene takes place, etc. It's hard to put in a realistic performance when the blood is pounding in your ears. I'm enjoying it, and I'm getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!