Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I’m still laughing. I spied the cover of this week’s TV Guide as I was dashing out the door this morning – Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin in what is supposed to be a lusty clinch under the headline “Hot Blooded.” Ha! From their facial expressions, it’s hard to tell if either of them knows the other is even in the room! Moyer has his hands on Paquin's caboose, but he may as well be holding on to a coffee table! Give me Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr entwined in the surf in From Here to Eternity. Now that’s hot-blooded!

The next six weeks are going to test my stamina as I juggle production schedules and try to keep three characters – ruthless kidnapper, regretful Italian widow, jaded childless executive – separate and unique. Every weekend I’ll be hitting the freeways between Washington, Baltimore Philadelphia, and a TBD beach locale. It’s exciting though. The scripts are terrific, the characters challenging, and for all the demands of juggling acting and a 40-hour work week, I’m already looking for new film projects for October and later.

Sticking largely to leading roles in small films has given me a lot of on-camera experience – and many opportunities to experiment – in a very short amount of time. I could never have come this far scattering my energies in every acting direction. And my small films are becoming not so small. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!