Thursday, April 3, 2014

A p.s. to my note on L.A.


A post script to my note on Los Angeles below.  I was out there primarily to attend the LAWebFest, along with other members of the cast and crew of CapSouth (see photo), a WebFest official selection and the political comedy in which I play Congresswoman Gracie Todd Englewright.

Well CapSouth took home no prizes from the WebFest, but at the Indie Series Awards last night at the El Portal Theater in L.A., writers #RobRaffety, #AndrewHeaton, and #SatyaThallam took home the prize for "Best Comedy Writing."  Well deserved and well done Guys!

Rob had L.A. actor Mike Moser on hand to accept.  Rob texted everyone at 1 a.m. and was absolutely beside himself, especially since the competition included Hollywood pros and a writer/producer for Buffy the Vampire Slayer! 

Here's a clip of the ISA award announcement.  By the way, rumor has it that Sat'ya Thall'am is changing his name to John Smith.  Hah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jHWlGsluM&feature=share&t=1h10m13s


2 comments:

  1. It must have been a great moment. I hope you had fun in LA! Hope to see you soon around! And hope your acting life is giving you a lot of satisfactions! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jay! Hope we can get together for coffee again the next time I'm in New York.

    ReplyDelete

I will get back to you shortly!