Friday, January 22, 2010

To bed too late. Up too early. Another late weeknight this week as we finally had the departmental dinner out that we were too busy to hold during the holidays. And, of course, my class. I got a gold star for continuity.

Since friends have been asking, happily I got the grandmother’s part in the short film (25 min.) that I auditioned for on Saturday. They start shooting in Maryland in February and wrap the end of March. It’s an interesting storyline and I look forward to meeting the rest of the cast and getting started.

Despite my concern that my audition choices were too “earnest,” I realize that I did do a lot in that audition that worked. Plus I allowed myself plenty of time to drive there, find the studio and memorize my lines. I also arrived in neutral clothes and makeup, but brought along extra clothing changes and a bag of possible props. Having options at hand make it easier to focus on doing the scene.

The film overlaps slightly with another short film I’ll be doing mid-March through May. They don’t shoot on the same days. Both producers plan these as film festival entries. I’ll get screen credit. Now, must maintain the momentum and line up something for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!