Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Un-Pilot Season

Late January to late April actually IS Pilot Season and I'm rushing about getting all my tools together. For pilots the casting agencies will be looking for name actors that will draw interest and backing. Since that isn't yet Kathryn Browning, the agencies casting pilots won't see a submission from me.  Instead I'll be looking for interest from those agencies that are NOT casting pilots but casting current episodic television shows and independent films.  It's a small window of opportunity.  During Pilot Season many name actors are holding out for pilot auditions and a chance at a possible series so they aren't quite as available for anything else. That means slightly better odds for the rest of us in those productions that are already up and running.  At least, that's the theory.

My headshot prints arrive this week along with new post cards and business cards.  Cutting my demo reel down to 60 seconds and adding a couple of new clips.  Putting together a mailing list of New York casting agencies that I know have cast roles for the 15 or so TV series based in New York, but who aren't on the list of those agencies casting pilots.  Also listing the DC/Baltimore agencies for the features being shot there, like House of Cards with Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, which begins shooting next month I believe.  Trying to get everything out the door by next weekend as I have film and stage auditions coming up and an 8-week Meisner class that starts the 24th.

Glad to be past the holidays and seeing things moving again.

And trying not to get fired from my day job for insubordination. But that's another story (I'm so bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you shortly!