Friday, December 1, 2017

Greta Gerwig's Lady Bird is a Must-See

Actresses have been complaining for years about the lack of roles (and meaningful roles) for women, but one really positive thing that has come about as a result is that more actresses are not only opting out of Hollywood and finding great roles in Europe (Kristen Scott Thomas, for one) but many are also starting to produce/write/direct their own films.

One of these is Greta Gerwig, an actress that I just loved in the quirky 2015 film Mistress America, which she starred in and wrote. This year she took a turn as writer/director of Lady Bird, which has set a new record as the most well-reviewed film of all time at the online movie site rottentomatoes.com.

This is a story that will reveal more and more each time you watch it. The performances are wonderful, especially Laurie Metcalf.  Here's the trailer:

1 comment:

  1. After looking at a number of the articles on your site, I honestly like your way of writing a blog.

    I saved it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site as well and tell me your opinion.

    ReplyDelete

I will get back to you shortly!